Hillsborough NH Health Insurance for Groups and Individuals
Without health insurance, the costs that amount from medical problems can be nearly unmanageable, but for many people, the rising costs of health care coverage are also difficult to finance. Whether you are looking for health insurance to offer your valued employees as part of their benefits package, or your employer does not offer health coverage and you need to seek your own policy, Knapton, Reade & Woods Insurance Agency in Hillsborough, NH can help you secure quality health insurance coverage you can afford. As Trusted Choice independent insurance agents, we represent many different reputable insurance companies, and will examine each company’s rates and coverage options to find the best fit for you.
A typical health insurance policy provides coverage for doctors visits, prescriptions, medical testing, specialized care and surgical procedures. However, coverage, deductibles and co-payment amounts vary depending on the health insurance plan you choose. Our trusted agents will compare different plans to find one with a rate, deductible and co-pay amounts that fit not only your budget but also your medical needs.
If you’re looking for individual or family coverage, you may also click the link below to get a quote and apply online for a health insurance policy directly from Anthem Blue Cross and Blue Shield, one of our insurance company partners:
Your insurance agent will typically offer two types of health care coverage:
Indemnity Plans – Also referred to as “fee-for-service” plans, an individual insured under this type of plan pays a predetermined percentage of the cost of health care services, while the insurance company finances the remaining charges. Fees vary from one physician to another, and indemnity health plans allow you to choose your own health care providers, as opposed to having a select provider network from which you can choose.
- Cafeteria/Flexible Spending Plans – Reimbursement plans governed by IRS Section 125 that allow employees to deposit a certain amount of pre-tax earnings to a designated account to use for medical expenses.
- Basic & Essential Health Plans – Limited plans that do not provide comprehensive benefits. These types of plans may limit the coverage you receive for wellness services, office visits, out of hospital testing and mental health services.
- High Deductible Health Plans (HDHP) – Plans in which all covered services are subject to the deductible, with the exception of routine preventive care, which is covered in full.
- Health Savings Accounts (HSA) – A type of savings account typically used in conjunction with a HDHP that allows insured individuals to save pre-tax earnings to use to finance medical expenses.
Managed Care Plans – These types of plans are characterized by arrangements with specific providers and financial incentives for members to use these in-network providers and procedures covered by the plan.
- Health Maintenance Organizations (HMOs) – Prepaid health plans in which the insured individual pays a small monthly fee as well as co-payments for certain health care services, which must be provided by a designated Primary Care Physician for coverage to apply.
- Preferred Provider Organizations (PPO) – Doctors and hospitals agree to provide discounted rates to members of these types of plans. Patients are typically reimbursed 80 to 100 percent for treatment received from in-network providers, and 50 to 70 percent for out-of-network services.
When it comes to creating the right health insurance plan for your situation, there are many factors to consider, and working with an independent insurance agent will help you better understand your coverage options. Whether you’re looking for individual health insurance or group health insurance to offer your employees as part of a comprehensive employee benefits plan, you can rely on Knapton, Reade & Woods to design the right plan for your needs. We are proud to provide health insurance in Hillsborough, NH and the surrounding New Hampshire communities, including Weare NH, Hopkinton, Henniker, Deering, Bennington, Washington, Windsor and Antrim. Call us today at 603-464-3422 or submit our quote request form to get a free health insurance quote.