Classic Car Insurance
Protect Your Collector Car with Antique Auto Insurance in NH
Owning a collector, classic automobile is a unique treat and that investment requires unique protection. Whether it’s the sunny day car shows, holiday parades, vacation road trips, or just showing off in the driveway, there’s something about the experiences with your classic car that make them special. Just as your classic car is different than your daily vehicle, so are the requirements to insure it properly.
The four key differences between New Hampshire classic car insurance and a standard auto insurance policy are:
- Valuation of the vehicle – Standard auto policies use actual cash value (ACV), which reflects your vehicle’s depreciation over time. Some policies set a stated value, which refers to your declared value at purchase and the maximum amount that the insurance company will pay in the event of a claim. The drawback is that this type of policy pays for the cost of repairs or the stated value, whichever is less, at the time of the claim.
- Agreed value is not typically offered with a standard auto policy but is offered with a collector car insurance policy. Agreed value between the policy holder and the insurance company is the predetermined amount to be paid in the event of a loss. This guarantees the amount you will receive, with no depreciation or lesser value taken into consideration.
- Storage of the vehicle – A classic car insurance policy will typically require you to store your vehicle in a garage to protect it from the elements.
- An alternate daily automobile – An insurance provider will want to be sure you are driving an alternate automobile for your daily commuting to and from work and other regular uses.
- Mileage restrictions – Generally,you are limited to a fixed number of miles driven, such as 2,500 miles per year, with an antique car insurance policy.
As a result of the mileage, storage, and other restrictions, there are fewer risk factors for an insurance provider to consider, and therefore, classic car insurance in NH is very affordable and far less expensive than the cost of a standard auto policy.
As independent insurance agents, our job doesn’t end when you purchase the policy. We are available to assist you year-round, from answering coverage questions that arise to helping you report a claim.
If you are looking for affordable classic car insurance in NH, Knapton, Reade & Woods Insurance Agency in Hillsborough, NH, can provide you with affordable rates and flexible coverage options matched with unparalleled customer service. Our agents have been serving Hillsborough, Weare, Hopkinton, Henniker, Deering, Bennington, Washington, Windsor, Antrim, and all of New Hampshire with dependable coverage for more than 60 years. To get a free quote for antique car insurance in NH, please call us at 603-464-3422 or submit our online quote request form.